Pages


"Behold, I make all things new." - Rev 21:5

4.16.2009

Wonderful Walk...



A simple walk down memory lane... let's go NINE bloody years back. haha.

I am SO cheesy it's not even funny. But here's one to lighten up your mood! Before though, open up your minds and rewind back to THIRD GRADE.

Year 2000... I am this round, chubby kid with a close friend whom I have liked for forever. We were extremely close. He told me every girl that he's had a crush on. This is your typical third grade boy - a douche. Haha, absolutely insensitive to my caring hints and well me being a GIRL. i was almost like a BUTCH trying to hide girliness. Anyway, there's the background, back to my story...

At some point in our friendship, I remember always having food and always sharing them with this friend. He became really nice to me, and I'd get these weird vibes that he's always following me around! So time came when it was, well, time for him to tell me this new girl he liked. Every time I would ask, I would get... "I'll tell you later. [Mamaya na!]" And it would make me wonder, "Why?" I was in third grade so you can only imagine the kind of confusion I was experiencing.

There have been hints. I remember we were cleaning the classroom, this fool straight up says, "Kim, if you weren't so fat, I would like you." I smiled. I had a chance. I was an idiot, I know... but who wasn't at that age? I was so damn infatuated. That's all. So after a few more days of persistence, he finally decided to tell me...

This is where the memory becomes vivid and really hazy at the same time. I am so lame! Haha, but he takes me to the back of the room, in the science lab... and we are facing the school next to ours... not looking at each other he asks me, "Would you get mad if you found out someone liked you?" I SMILED HELLA BIG. I mean, so BIG, so physically impossible big.

Unfortunately, my freaking teacher came and called us back to class. He ended up not telling me at all. I hated that. I thought it was me! I was so sure! I mean, wouldn't you be!? That's all I'm saying.

So 4th grade came. Same news. Just friends. I move to America. I try to get back in touch with this friend but nothing! It's just so hard to find the time and whatnot. He is the first boy I have ever liked for a long time! I had to fake-crush my neighbor from here to move on from this boy! Haha. Hormones kicked in early, sorry.

Year 2009. I find this fool, well, he finds me on bloody facebook. We exchange a few messages here and there showing how much we misseth each other! Haha. Then finally, we get to 'chat,' I suppose. But I audaciously asked him. Confessed to him then told him who it was. Before I confessed he said, "Maybe it was you, Kim." Sweet hallelujahs to my ears, man. NINE years. I have always wanted to know. And then, we closed on a deal. A secret precious deal. Man, I love that kid.

...=)oh childhood.

No comments:

speak no evil: